Monday, March 12, 2012

Good And Bad News

I have recently found out that the hunts in Taiji are done for the season. This is great news, but it's not as thrilling as it could be. The bad news is that the hunts start back in September. It is just so sick that those people are still doing this! I'm not racist by any means (I know that the majority of Asians are good people), but I really do hate those Japanese in Taiji. Their race has nothing to with it. If they were Americans like me or Germans like my ancestors, I'd still hate them.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Haley, have you read the news story about the Pacific Gray Whale that is headed back home across the Pacific to Russia? She's quite a swimmer and has been tagged for over 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. Forgot the link. http://tinyurl.com/6nbpxuj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting story! Thanks for sharing! By the way, I have a post on my other blog about manta and mobula rays, cartilaginous fish in the same family as sharks. It's a different topic than what I usually talk about on that blog, but it was a very interesting post to write and has a lot of information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Haley, I read your story about mobula rays. It's very good. I will be in San Diego next month for a meeting. I think I need to make time to go to Sea World. That would be fun, wouldn't it? Maybe they have some rays and skates for me to look at. I'll never learn the difference if I don't see them. They might even have some mobula rays. I'll go look at Sea World web site to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound fun. I know that they have rays, many different types of rays. I can't recall seeing any skates but they may have them. I'm pretty sure that they have mantas but I'm not so sure about mobulas.

    ReplyDelete