Sunday, April 8, 2012

New Topic

My blog has never really talked about anything other than dolphins/whales and sharks. It is indeed called They Need A Voice, and dolphins are certainly not the only animals that need a voice. Though I adore ocean life, I have loved and cared for dogs for as long as I could remember. Dogs face many issues in China and Korea, where they are eaten and even skinned alive. Eighty-five percent of fur in America comes from China, where live dogs and cats are skinned. That means that if you buy a jacket or sweater or something of that sort with real fur on it, you will most likely be wearing dog or cat. In both Korea and China, they're beaten to death to be eaten. Another big issue is animal testing. I have known of all these issues for a while, but I haven't really said anything. I can't hold in my feelings for these innocent dogs anymore. I had to say something. I will from now on be putting posts about dogs on this blog. I will explain the issues of slaughter, skinning, animal testing, and other things in more detail and depth in later posts. For now, I just wanted to let all of you know that I will now talk about these things. They need a voice too.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is great. I look forward to reading these posts:)

    ReplyDelete