Friday, June 17, 2011

Why no Baleen Whales?

You might be asking why I don't talk about baleen whales on my blog. Well, let me tell you why. Whaling is probably going to be coming to an end soon (according to Whale Wars on Animal Planet). The Taiji slaughters are also probably going to be ending soon, but there are many other slaughters of toothed whales around the world that will probably go on for many more years. Also, many people are aware of whaling. Not very many are aware of narwhal killings, pilot whale massacres, and other killings. I only talk about toothed whales because it as not as well known.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's good to focus your energy on issues that are more pressing. Focusing on the species at greatest risk is a good idea. Keep rockin':)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do think that whaling is horrible, but toothed whales probably need more help.

    ReplyDelete